Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pneumonia

Yes, you read that right. Pneumonia. Nathan started coughing again on Friday and I took him to Urgent Care today (Sunday) as he began to have a fever as well. I pressed the issue with the doctor, who was pretty cold to us at first, and convinced her to do a chest x-ray on him. Glad I did. I had to leave to go to a drama rehearsal, but Mike said that she was a lot nicer and almost apologetic after looking at his films. He had what was termed as “scattered” pockets of pneumonia which could mean that it is either the beginning of it, or it could mean that he actually had it when we went 3 weeks ago, it wasn’t diagnosed as such and therefore not treated as such and it could be flaring up again. So, that aside, now we know and can hopefully eradicate it completely from his poor little body and he can begin to get better. We’ll have another chest x-ray in a week or so to check our progress.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Nathan! I'm glad you got treatment for him. TOY!

Brittany

Anonymous said...

Sppedy recovery for your little boy! So glad you went with your mother's intuition. (((HUGS)))

Lori
(Brittany sent me the link for your blog which I love)