Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - 5 Ingredients or Less Edition


Oh, this is exciting, friends. My VERY FIRST (and possibly last) WFMW post. It is a monumental occasion. Maybe I should make a t-shirt.


Nah. 'Cuz I'm really the only one who cares.


I have not felt the urge to ever post for Works for me Wednesday before because, frankly, I've rarely found ANYTHING that works for me that is worth sharing. Seriously.


However, when there's a special edition about one of my favorite subjects, I can't resist. And this one was a particular challenge for me because I'm not usually all about the simple and easy recipe. But to find something in my arsenal of recipes that includes 5 ingredients or less, well, that was a challenge I was willing to put aside my feelings of inadequacy in the WFMW realm to try to meet.


For other Works for Me Wednesday posts of recipes with five ingredients or less, visit Rocks in my Dryer. Heck, you may be inspired to post your own.


So, without further adoo...


Grilled Cajun Turkey Tenderloin

from Cooks.com


1 pkg. boneless fresh turkey breast tenderloins

1 1/2 tsp. paprika

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/4 - 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 - 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper


In small bowl combine all ingredients except turkey breast tenderloins. Spray turkey lightly with Pam. Coat evenly with spice mixture.

Prepare grill. Place aluminum foil drip pan in center of grill with hot coals around it, fill with 1/2" water.

Place turkey on grill 4 to 6 inches from coals, directly over drip pan. Cover grill with lid. Grill 20 minutes. Turn and cover. Grill 15 to 25 minutes more or until turkey is no longer pink in center. 5 servings.


A couple of chef's notes:


  • We use a gas grill. I sear the tenderloins well on all sides over direct flame. Then I move it to cook thoroughly on the un-lit side of the grill.

  • The packages of tenderloins that I get come with two large tenderloins which are teryaki marinated. It makes for a nice combination.

  • We usually have plenty for our family of 4 for dinner (including 2 small children - but who can put away some food every once in a while) and still have leftovers for sandwiches or another whole meal.

  • I don't think it usually takes as long as this recipe indicates.

2 Comments:

Troye said...

Yummy!!! Welcome to WFMW.
I love your blog name- and why you chose it. I am very much the same way. I say too much and then can't think of a way out of it quickly enough.

Diane Meyer said...

This sounds great. It made me hungry so I had to go grab some cold turkey from the fridge and knaw on it while I read your post. Not kidding.