Search This Blog

Friday, February 29, 2008

Fast Mid-Day Meal (not quick)

I’m in the middle of a situation, a conflict, if you couldn’t tell from my post yesterday. And as I was in the shower yesterday morning I could just feel the Holy Spirit telling me I needed to fast and seek Him in resolving the situation. (Isn’t it amazing what comes to you in the shower sometimes?) So, I decided to fast for lunch. In turn, so that I didn’t get the shakes too bad, I also fasted my morning cup of coffee. Here’s how it went…

10:30 am The caffeine deprivation begins to set in with a headache… pop 2 (or maybe 3) Tylenol.

11:00 am Someone begins warming up their lunch in the kitchen - right across the hall from my office. (Is it necessary to do that so early?)

11:30 am Someone else warms up their lunch…

11:45 am A co-worker and friend offers me a cookie. (I think because he knows something is up. Maybe it was his “Good morning,” that I responded to with, “Well, it’s morning anyways,” that tipped him off. Just a guess.)

12:00 pm I get an email from my mother-in-law that is a recipe she is forwarding from the Hershey’s website. (You’ve got to be kidding me…)

12:15 pm An influx of people in and out of the kitchen, warming up food, talking about food, gabbing, etc…. (Oh, for crying out loud!)

12:30 pm I leave the office to walk across the street to Sonic to get some tea. I walk up and push the button and wait… and wait… and smell some tots… and wait… and hear someone ordering a cheeseburger… and wait… (Seriously?)

12:40 pm The car-hop finally comes out after what seems like an eternity and says that the intercom isn’t working and takes my order.

12:45 pm I get back to my office and open my Bible and my BSF lesson and dig into my mid-day meal and am satisfied.

There were forces against me, friends. Most days, like today, there is nobody warming up lunch in the kitchen. And food just almost never comes up while I’m at work. Being offered a cookie and receiving Hershey recipes all at the same time? Are you kidding me? There were times that I could just almost feel the spiritual warfare going on around me as the situation I am in just weighed on me and I dug in my heels about fasting and seeking what God was trying to tell me through His Holy Spirit. It wasn't until I dealt with all that temptation by getting into the Word, that I felt it all release. After spending that time on my lesson and in prayer, there was just a sense of calm and peace that came over me. The peace that passes all understanding.

Thank you to those that prayed for me. You got me through. The Lord is softening my heart and working on a forgiving spirit and renewing love in me for someone who hurt me. (It’s not my dh, by the way, just to clarify)

2 Comments:

Brittany said...

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Amen.

Cristel said...

What's that verse about perseverance? James 1:4 "Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Just think - you are that much closer to becoming mature and complete in Christ! May God bless your obedience to Him! Love you.