Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BBA Challenge #17 – Lavash Crackers

I had a helper in the kid-tchen the day I made the Lavash Crackers.

100_6398

100_6399

I rolled out my dough and it took up a big area on my counter top.

100_6404

I had read previously that some people had an issue getting their dough to roll out as thin as they wanted it. For some reason, I didn’t have that problem. Look at how thin I got this. A fraction of a centimeter.

100_6406

The area of my dough was large enough that one single sheet pan would not cut it.

100_6407

I topped one pan with coarse kosher salt and toasted sesame seed and the other with salt and poppy seeds.

100_6408 100_6409

They really turned out quite nice if I do say so myself.

100_6439

100_6440

Overall Impressions:
This was not difficult. Like I said, I heard of some people having problems getting the dough rolled out thin enough, but I for some reason did not encounter that issue.

I really rather liked the portions of my crackers that had the salt on top. It could have used a little less salt, according to my husband, however. But what that tells me is that I would likely mix some salt into whatever topping I was using for that extra flavor.

Would I make this again?
It’s a nice formula to have in the back of your mind, but I don’t know that I would actively seek out opportunities to make this like I might some other recipes. Although I think they would be really good with some hot Gorgonzola Spinach and Artichoke Dip.

3 Comments:

Pam said...

Too much salt??? When is there ever too much salt?! LOL Those look yummy... everything you way more homemake looks yummy. So jealous!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh, those look wonderful!!!

TeaLady said...

Look good to me. Mine puffed. Bummer!!

Since you are at this point with the BBA, would you like to join in with the Slow and Steady BBA. We do a recipe every two weeks and we are at this point. Let me know.

travelingteapot@hotmail.com