Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Okay - I'm a day late. That can't be surprising to anyone.


I don't know if you knew this, but I play in our handbell choir at church. We played a beautiful arrangement of "Beneath the Cross of Jesus" on Sunday.


Read the text of the 2nd verse as you watch and listen:


Upon that cross of Jesus mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One who suffered there for me;
And from my stricken heart with tears two wonders I confess:
The wonders of redeeming love and my unworthiness.

(I'm not sure if this is working or not...)

(I'm the one on the far left. I play the highest octave/the smallest bells.)


We had a nice day. They got to talk to Mimi and Papa on the phone that morning. And Nanny came up and went to church and had lunch with us.



The kids did get to participate in our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and they had a ball. Nathan kept calling it the Easter Party. Since it was just us and Nanny on Sunday, we let her hide and go through all the Resurrection Eggs with them while we finished up getting lunch ready.

In recent years I have established a tradition in my house of fixing lamb around Easter. As I did this year, I usually fix lamb chops on the Thursday (the night before Good Friday) in recognition of Christ celebrating the Passover Feast with his disciples on the night of his arrest. We were able to have a good discussion about it with Sarah this year. And I also fix a leg of lamb roast on Easter Sunday. After all, Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God, slain to take away our sins. Amen and Amen!

I hope your Resurrection Sunday was happy and meaningful.

1 Comments:

Brittany said...

Your family looks wonderful! It looks like your Nathan's vest matches my Nathan's! You're right, we'll be fending off the ladies soon enough!

I couldn't see the handbell choir. I LOVE those! I'm sure it was beautiful!

Happy Easter!