Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2008

Miracle Monday

My miracle this Monday for "A Mom's Life's Miracle Monday" (http://beth-amomslife.blogspot.com/) happened this past August. It was a hot, hot, Texas summer day...

Nathan and I went to Costco and got back out to the car. Being what felt like 1000 degrees outside, I got him in the car out of the sun, turned it on and closed the door. I went back around to the back to load up my groceries and it was locked. All the doors were locked… with my baby inside. I froze. I called Mike and could hardly even get the words out I was so panicked. Then the Lord provided an Angel (in my opinion) in the form of a young mother with two young children who went inside and got help for me.

After the police showed up and began to assure me that he would be okay since the car was running and the air was on, I started to calm down a little. Then, it became comical as the fire department and EMS showed up with axe in hand ready to smash in a window. I couldn’t tell if I was laughing or crying at that point. They were so funny as Nathan was playing peek-a-boo with them through the window. They asked him if he could reach the black nob to unlock the door. And as any good 2 year old would say, his answer was, “No.” They even tried offering him money – which is funny since the only currency Nathan deals in so far is M&M’s.

The wrecker finally showed up and got the car open, the EMS checked him out and I immediately took him out of the cool car into the hot sun just to hold him.

So my miracle came in the form of a woman with two small children, who I am convinced was an angel sent by God because as I was pulling out of my parking space, she and her two little ones emerged from the store with no cart or groceries in hand, just in time for me to thank her.

5 Comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, how scary! Thank goodness that Nathan was calm or that would have made it even worse for you. As for your angel, we just never know when God will bring someone into our life for a very brief, specific purpose.

I can't believe that there is another Grumps out there. My aunt tried to get me to say Gramps when I was little, but it came out Grumps. He has always called my grandmother "mother", so my cousin assumed that she was "Grump's Mother". My poor grandmother has been that ever since! :)

Thanks for sharing your miracle!

Denise said...

Such a precious miracle, sweet blessings to you.

Beth Cotell said...

I love to hear about angels God has sent. I am always on the lookout for one myself and I think you saw one that day!

Thank you so much for participating in Miracle Monday!

Brittany said...

The fire dept came?!? How hilarious! I'm soooo glad he was in a cool car and that all turned out ok. Isn't it great when God blesses us when we least expect it?

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

What a sweet story (in the end as I am sure it was very scary going through it). How wonderful that you did not have to leave your car for even a second.

KEEP BELIEVING