Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2008

Miracle Monday

As I have considered my involvement in "Miracle Monday," I believe the Lord has truly tried to reveal something to me. You know, miracles aren’t always huge things. I have certainly been personally touched by some miracles of great magnitude. However, for me right now, it's just about seeing God's hand in the everyday circumstances and seemingly little and mundane things of life. This one, He revealed to me this morning as I was, of course, in the shower.

I was so frustrated on Saturday. Trying on dresses was becoming as much of a pain as swimsuits. I was looking at what I had in my closet to wear for Easter Sunday, and was not really thrilled about any of it. I mean, I’ve lost about 25 pounds since I bought some of those skirts and dresses. I have reclaimed my waistline (kind-of) and don’t mind showing it off. So, why on earth would I buy a new dress with a high waist and a tie in the back that makes me look pregnant???

Seriously. I’ve been pregnant - 4 times total and 2 to full term with big fat belly and all. We have decided that we are done with the pregnancy thing and have taken measures to keep that from happening. I don’t really want to look like it again unless it is truly a miraculous conception. Apparently the current batch of designers out there haven’t been in my shoes.

So needless to say, out of 4 different stores on Saturday afternoon, I didn’t buy anything for me other than 3 blouses that allowed me to use the rest of a gift card at SteinMart (love that store!). I was disappointed.

Then I realized this morning in the shower that I should be glad I didn’t find that perfect dress. March has been hard on the checking account for us and I didn’t need to spend any extra money. With Daisy’s vet bills, tickets for the school auction, our class’s auction project, tickets to see the musical that Sarah is in, and the list could go on and on… we’re just tapped out this month. Beyond tapped out actually.

So, my miracle this Monday is that the Lord protected my bank account from further depletion because of my own selfish vainity.

1 Comments:

Beth Cotell said...

You are so right. God helps us in many little ways when we least expect it but most need it.

I'm sure you will find the perfect dress at the perfect time!

Thanks for participating in Miracle Monday!