Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Mama Braggin' Monday - Trio

Welcome to Mama Braggin' Monday. To see my original post about Mama Braggin' Monday, go here.

Basically what it boils down to is that Mondays from now on will be the day of the week that I shamelessly brag on my kids here on the blog. Now, understand that I reserve the right to totally brag on my kids any ol' day of the week. But, I have found that a bunch of things have been falling by the wayside as I forget to post them. No more. I will be looking for ways to brag on them now.

So, join me if you like. I'd love to see what awesome things your kids are up to.

~~~

Each grade at Sarah's school does a musical program at some point during the school year. As it turned out, Sarah's 2nd grade program this year fell on her birthday.

In all honesty I was pretty bummed because we couldn't take her out to eat on her birthday and I felt like the day was just ruined. I would have skipped the whole program, except that I wouldn't have ever done that.

And, as it turned out, Sarah had a little bit of a special part in the program.




This was their first experience in trying to blend in an ensemble and overall I think they did well. You may or may not remember that she had a solo in our church children's choir musical at Christmas (go here to see it) so singing in front of groups is not a brand new experience for her. But it is still just one of the sweetest things for me to hear my sweet daughter singing for her Jesus.

So, the day that I was so bummed about and that I thought was completely ruined ended up being one of the sweetest days ever. Not everyone gets to hear their child sing in a trio or ensemble on their birthday.

I totally went from bummed to beaming.

Now, it's your turn. Brag on your child(ren) on your blog then link it up here. I can't wait to see what all our children are doing. I know we're proud of them. Let's show it!

Be sure to post your name / blog name in the top box and post the permalink for your post in the bottom box. If you need help with navigating how to use the Mr. Linky, please click here.

4 Comments:

Susie Buetow said...

How beautiful! I love the videos you post! It makes it more real! Thanks for braggin' and havin' this Mr. Linky!!!!

Newton Family said...

Great video Donna, glad Sarah had a special birthday!

Real Life Sarah said...

How adorable! I love that song, too! Happy Birthday, Sarah! (lovely name, btw)

Jeannie said...

Cool post. Got here from Real Life's linky.