Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2008

Now, if only I were also a size 4!

Sarah and I were watching a chicken cook-off on the food network the other night.

There were over 20,000 recipes submitted and they narrowed it down to 51 (each state + DC). They were then going to announce the top 5 with 1st place winning $100,000.

Holy schmokes! $100,000. What I couldn't do with that kind of coin.

Anyways, some of the people in this contest live on the competitive cooking circuit. They are what you might call semi-pro in the culinary world. They are home cooks, not culinary school trained, and they are incredibly creative with their cooking.

Sarah paid me a huge compliment by saying, "Mom, you really should do that."

Oh, that's sweet. I will. I will spend hours of my oh-so-abundant free time in the kitchen with you peering over my shoulder asking why I am doing each - and - every - step. Yes, dear. That sounds like great fun. Sign me up!

Seriously, I'm great at finding a great recipe... but the coming up with one on my own sounds a little intimidating. I don't think I could do it.

As we're watching, of course, there are commercials. After watching one of them, she says to me, "Mom, you need some of that."

"Why is that?"

"Because you could make all the white in your hair go away."

(It was an add for a root touch-up product for hair color.)

"Why do I need to do that?"

"Because I don't like to see the white. It makes you look old."


*** SIGH ***


For one thing, who does she think is responsible for about half of this "white" (as she calls it)?

For another thing, much of my white is concentrated in one area on the right side of my forehead. And what she doesn't realize is that this is very fashionable. I mean, Stacy London and I are practially twins with our little streaks....



See... practically twins.

Well, maybe in my dreams I'm as hip and beautiful as she is.

But with my perfectly placed natural streak... I am well on my way.

Sarah just doesn't realize what a fashion forward mom she has.

That lucky girl.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on already! Look at your faces side by side. You have much prettier features than Stacy. And size 4? That is just so yesterday. Normal is getting to be more and more in style. Size 4 is not normal unless you are under 5 foot 2 or 3. You look beautiful.

Oh, and I use a root touch up stick myself (made by the Fanciful Rinse people) . And today saw a new one just out by Avon for about 5 bucks. Only it is applied with a mascara type brush. I look forward to trying it.

Have a great week. T~

Jodie | Velour said...

I love your streak, and one day your girl will realize how snazzy you look with it! :)
Plus, I think your face is way prettier than Stacy's. :)