Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Today

Today is October 15th and that means 2 things to me.

First it means that yesterday was October 14th... the 7th anniversary of my first misscarriage. My second came not ever 2 short months later on December 4th of the same year, 2001. All while my daughter was less than a year old.

It also means that it is the National Day of Remembrance for Pregnancy and Infant Loss. Angie at Bring the Rain is doing a great thing at her blog this week. She wrote a beautiful post and then opened up the floor for all of us to remember our babies that some of us may have never been able to hold.

After I posted, I was going to just skim through the 500 plus comments. But I found myself reading each and every one. Tears rolling down my face at certain points. Grieving all over again with these other moms. Placing my hand on the screen as I prayed for certain ones of them as I felt the Holy Spirit urge me.

I prayed for a young lady who in the last 7 weeks has had her husband pass away just days before finding out that there was no heartbeat from her baby. I prayed for one who is still bleeding as her loss was so recent. I prayed for several that posted about suffering the continued shame and guilt of abortion. I prayed for a few who, like me, are at their anniversary date this week.

I know for a fact that many of you whom I have come in contact with through blogging have also experienced a loss such as this. I have said before that I believe I am in a very special position to pray for others who have been through similar circumstances. I encourage you to go over to Bring the Rain and post your story, or at the very least, pray over those others who have.



Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ, our comfort overflows.
1 Corinthians 1:3-5

5 Comments:

Pam said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't experienced this type of loss but I've walked side by side with a close friend that has. It's tough. It's also hard because it's unseen. Very often even people close by won't know what happened. Sweet how the official remembrance day coincides with your loss(es).

I'm praying for you!

April said...

((Hugs)) I feel so blessed to have "met" you through bbc. Not only do we share the experience of mmc's, but we are sisters in Christ. You are so right that our experience allows us to share something unique with women who are or have suffered with mc's. PFY today!

Bridgette said...

Donna,
If you visit my blog, I posted a link on there so that people could hear the song I told you about in an earlier post. The name of it is Tiny Hearts. I will be praying for you and for all who have experienced this type of loss.
Love,
Bridgette

Brittany said...

I woke up to no internet this morning and was going to post this very thing. I read that blog too and I didn't have time to read all of the comments last night, but they really struck me too. I have a couple of irl friends who are going through it right this very minute. Sucks.

Anonymous said...

... thank you for telling me about her post. It is so nice when people remember all of those babies loved and lost. Having experienced it myself,I feel so sad for those who have more recently had a loss.

I'm sorry I missed this at the time. Bloglines was messed up again but they have sent a notice saying the issue is fixed. Again.