Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

Fashion Fiesta!


small button


It's time, friends. It's Fashion Fiesta Day! I can't wait to see what some of us have in our closets.

After spending years disliking my own wardrobe, I asked for and received several gift cards to my favorite stores for Christmas (Stein Mart and Khol's if you didn't know.) My friend Cristel was good enough to go with me and help me spend my money. These are some of the things I bought that day...

This is what a typical work day would look like for me. Pants and a top. That's my uniform. For some reason I'm not much into dresses or skirts for work. I'm not sure why. May be a hold over from riding the train to downtown in my former life of corporate banking.




Below, I really love the geometrical designs and the pretty shiny fabric in these blouses. I am also loving tops with belts right now. They bring in the waitline a little and help define it. If you can't tell, I also love me a cute pair of heels... or two... or three. But who's counting? Right, girls?

And how could I make it through the cold months without my favorite 6 year old yoga pants and about 9 year old sweatshirt. Complete with holes and all. I even slipped them on Wednesday after BSF because it was just a tad chilly. One last wear before bidding them "Adieu" until the fall.







And remember the great deal I spoke of last week? The dress? This is it! Not bad, huh? Funny to think I spent more on the necklace.


It's hard to see the shape, so I'll describe a bit. It has a nice v-neck that doesn't plunge too far so that "the girls" (thanks Stacy and Clinton) stay nicely and modestly concealed. The round thing brings together a gathered area just under the bustline that helps define a waistline... something that many dresses right now are lacking as you've heard me rant about before. The skirt is a nice A-line that shows a shape, but isn't too tight. All-in-all, the perfect dress for me.

13 Comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh wow - - - you look very classy!!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Such a pretty dress! Good work!

Erin said...

Yes, I love that dress on you!

I am a big fan of the belted top as well!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

cute cute cute!I enjoyed stopping in !I hope you will come and see my fiesta!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow you are very, very cute. I love your taste. You dress better than I do for work, that's for sure.

Keri said...

You have a great sense of style!

Newton Family said...

Wow!!! That dress on you is fabulous!!! Looking good girlfriend!

Lori

Brittany said...

You are one hot momma! (insert whistle here!) LOVE your new duds! I, however, would prefer to wear the sweatshirt (holes and all) and yoga pants myself!

Good shopping!

Mommy Mo said...

What a cute dress- I love it! I want one, wah wah. Oh wait, I'm pregnant and that dress might not look so cute on me right now. BTW- I'm into scrapbooking and cooking too : ).

Big Mama said...

I love that dress! It's so cute and looks great on you!

Thanks for playing along!

pinkmommy said...

LOVE your clothes! You have great taste!

Trina said...

Nice dressy clothes! I especially love your bargain dress! And the peep toe pumps :)

Hope you can visit my Fiesta!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Now I'm truly embarrassed that you saw my post. :) You have beautiful taste in clothes.

And I wanted you to know that, yes, I am a reformed clothes thief ... well, except for the Husband's clothes. But I tell myself that isn't truly stealing because we live in the same house. Am I lying to myself?