Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Seeing Clearly

Today was the big day. Sarah's glasses were ready and we went to pick them up after school.

I had her put them on for the drive home so that we could see if she was seeing better. She commented the whole way home about how much clearer everything was. She would pull the glasses down and compare without them and with them. It was pretty cute the first time she compared and how her face lit up when she realized she could see some words that she could not see well before.

I have to admit that I had been fairly skeptical about her need for glasses. So much of the exam is subjective and depends on her telling the doctor what she is seeing. I don't know if I just didn't trust her judgement of what she could see or what. But it did me some good to see the expression on her face when she saw the difference by wearing the glasses.



5 Comments:

The G's said...

She looks cute! I remember getting my first pair of glasses in elementary school. I can relate with being amazed at how well I could see everything. However my glasses were circa 1982 and not nearly as cute as Sarah's!

Cristel said...

Way cuter than my first pair of glasses. I'm so glad she can see! Sight is a good thing. Precious thing! She didn't even know what she was missing.

Newton Family said...

Oh she looks so great! I could have written your post word for word 2 weeks ago when I took my son to get his first pair of glasses. I endured the same car ride of him pulling the glasses up and down saying he could now see this and that.

Beth Cotell said...

I got glasses in the fourth grade and I remember doing exactly the same thing.

It was thrilling to see so clearly!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I love your glasses.......they are precious on you!!!! I got my first glasses in 6th grade, as I remember, and was absolutely amazed that I could see every leaf on the trees!! That was quite a feeling. I hadn't realized that I couldn't see them before I got my glasses. My glasses (all my different ones) were never as cute as yours!
I love you, Nanny