Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I LOVE me a good deal!

This morning I was contemplating what to wear to the school's auction tomorrow evening. It's going to be a little more formal this year than in the past since it is in it's 20th year and all. Big gala type celebration at a really nice hotel nearby.

So, I was thinking about what I might wear. I had 2 options in my closet... a short black dress, or a long one. I've worn the short one several times recently and the long one just seemed like it would be too formal with Mike not wearing a tux. So, I looked at Mike and said, "I need something new."

He got a very concerned, worried look on his face. And then he lit up. An "ah, hah" moment. "But when in the world will you have time to shop?" he asked.

Oh that poor, poor, misinformed man. There is ALWAYS time to shop. Right girls?

"I've got all my lunch hour today. And plenty of time after work," I responded quickly. He looked worried again.

So, I head out at lunch time over to Macy's at the mall nearby. I was on the phone with this poor man as I drove up and found a parking spot right in front of the door. "It was meant to be," I said, matter of factly.

"Sure," he responded, a little unsure.

I'll spare you the details of the shopping experience because, quite frankly, it wasn't all that exciting. However, the outcome is the exciting part.

I got me a dress for tomorrow night for $12.74. Yes, that's right. $12.74. Regular price: $94. So, I got me a necklace and another dress as well. All for less than $85. WOOHOO!

"You see," I emailed him when I got back to my office, "it was meant to be!"

I LOVE A GREAT DEAL!

3 Comments:

The G's said...

You know how I love a shopping miracle! You wear that dress with pride! M often asks me how we can afford all the money I save him shopping. Men...they just don't get it. But if it was a computer or video game...Post pics of the dress!

Cristel said...

SWEET! Now that's what I call a BIG BIG Bargain. And I love bargains. My favorite price is free but $12.74 for a dress is hard to beat! You rock that dress tonight friend!

Newton Family said...

Congratulations on such a great deal! I hope you will post a pic of you looking fabulous in your new dress.

Hugs,
Lori